Data processing is the responsibility of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 36 + 40, 53113 Bonn
Dag-Hammarskjöld-Weg 1–5, 65760 Eschborn
Contact details of the data protection officer:
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise for international cooperation. We work as a federal enterprise under private law. Our aim is to achieve the development-policy objective of improving the living conditions of people worldwide and conserving the natural resources on which livelihoods depend.
If you visit our website, our web server will indicate temporarily the domain name or IP address of the computer calling up the website, the date of the visit, the data requested (file name and URL), the HTTPS response code and the website from which you visited us as well as the number of bytes transferred during the visit, for purposes of system security.
This website contains links to other websites. We refer you to the data protection declaration for each site. GIZ accepts no responsibility for the contents of and the data protection offered by external websites.
The AFRIKA KOMMT! website draws on the services of Matomo Analytics for WordPress (www.matomo.org) to analyse usage data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties. The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used (including language settings)
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
Data is processed based on Art. 6 paragraph 1 f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with the legitimate interest of analysing usage to improve the website. The users’ data is only collected if the user consents by accepting the use of the Matomo cookie.
Newsletter Alert for Application Phase
Any personal details collected as part of the mailing list subscription for potential candidates will only be used for the purpose of processing the subscription.
The website uses the newsletter tool Sendinblue to process your subscription, provided by Sendinblue GmbH, Köpenicker Straße 126, 10179 Berlin.
Your details will not be passed onto third parties. No use will be made of your details for consulting purposes, for advertising or for market research. If you cancel your subscription, all your personal details will be deleted from our database.
After you entered your email address, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link. You can withdraw your order at any time. If you do so, all personal data will be deleted from our data bank.
Other web-based services
When you use other web-based services that require the submission of more extensive personal data, such as submitting an online application via our application portal or accessing the AFRIKA KOMMT! network (online platform for alumni), the data protection declarations adapted to those services will also apply.
Other web pages
- Borlabs: Saves the visitors preferences selected in the Cookie Box of Borlabs
- YouTube: Used to unblock YouTube content on the website
- Vimeo: Used to unblock Vimeo content on the website
- Matomo Analytics for WordPress: the plugin is a web analytics software to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
Recipients of personal data
- Data is not passed on to third parties.
- As a general principle, data will not be transmitted to third states
Duration of data retention
Personal data are regularly deleted when
- when the individuals concerned have not given any separate authorisation
- when statutory data storage obligations and periods have expired.
Reference to user rights
You are entitled to:
- to object to data processing,
- enquire about your personal data and its processing
- to have this corrected if necessary, or to request restriction of processing or the erasure of the data
- The data will then be erased.
If you have any questions or complaints about this website, please contact the GIZ data protection officer (see contact information provided above). You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the responsible data protection supervisory authority. The responsible authority in this case is the German Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (BfDI).